Thursday, January 1, 2015

Kimchi-jigae


Kimchi-jigae is a stew made with kimchi, pork belly, and tofu as the main ingredients. Well, this was one meal I didn't think I would care for!  I was surprised to find, I loved it!  Never having been a big fan of watery soups, and being distrustful of tofu, combined with the potency of Kimchi this Korean stew had a lot of things going against it in my mind!  It fit the bill for dinner though as I was looking for easily prepared, quick Korean meals to add to my arsenal.  I also knew that my Warrior Ninja had seen the picture in my Korean Cookbook and said that he loved soups like it - so even I didn't care for Kimchi-jigae I knew it would get eaten!  Again I combined ideas from the cookbook my in-law's gave me with the recipe from Maangchi's website.  Very spicy, but delicious and flavorful!  I am out of Kimchi now, and need to make another batch already! :o  My Warrior Ninja said it tastes like he remembers it!  Get the recipe here. :)  Happy cooking!

First time using Tofu or Pork Belly!
    







1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy reading your cooking endeavors. The presentation is very good. You should print it and start a book. Keep on trucking (Eli would say this .... hahaha).
    Mom

    ReplyDelete