Wednesday, January 7, 2015

And people wonder why I don't call them back.



I started the day taking pictures of glimpses into our life of routine for Instagram and then continued throughout the day hoping to write my first post on this blog.  Here is what became of it. A picture diary of our day at the Keller home, Under Mary’s Mantle.

It started with me attempting to write a “real” post.
I look forward to reading what my sister Gypsy Queen posts on this blog. She has a way of writing that flows when being read and has a gift of relaying the emotion behind the words that she writes. ....Hang on a sec one of my munchkins is  crying. :/ 

OK back,.. where was I…Oh yes Gypsy Queens writing ability.  This blog was meant to be for my married sisters and I to connect with each other through the in and outs and in-between all the diapers and dreams of life.  The day so far has been going smoothly so I thought why not write my first post for this blog....

Hang on I have an intruder…..
”Who has the flint and steel and who wants it? … tedious tedious tedious 

My sister, Margaret, although has not posted as frequently has herself a great ability in all things crafty and creative.

Wait wait wait, what?... “you want a job to do? Oh, only if you can make money doing it?”..hang on blog readers….

Back at the computer *sigh* ok great, GypsyQueen is a great writing, Margaret is crafty and creative. Moving on...I made Banana bread with Regina (6) and Joshua (4) today.  haha, I typed that without any interruptions!... Aaannd now its lunch time so I’ll  be back. :/ 


My thoughts – “I’m so hunger I’ll just pop this in before I start making sandwiches for the kids…:/ arg why does everyone have to make such a big deal about plastic in the microwave! I can hear every good intentioned do-gooder in my head now. yea I'm talking to you. (half-smile)

Happy?!

Ok the baby just woke up, what to give him so I can finish making lunch? ...




Perfect, its interactive and edible! 


Yes, my 11 year old is cleaning out my cupboards (remember the money job kid?) while I’m trying to feed people and clean up the pots  and pans from our bread making adventure with the munchkins. ;)


thought – “why do I always do this to myself? Give messes to people so I can clean up other messes?.” :/


Might as well take this out to the chickens. I need to get a few min outside.



My silkies are so cute. :)

OK Back to  my long overdue blog post…lets see....Get my head back into it…Wait for ittt.. lol....*sigh*....“Yes Joshua…No I don’t know what we are having for lunch tomorrow we just finished lunch. Why don’t you go in the bathroom and wash your hands?”....Oh shoot I forgot I left the chicken on the counter to make crock-pot chicken tortilla soup!!.......... 

I won’t bother you with a picture of raw chicken but it’s all in the Crackpot now. :)

Joshua: “Are my teeth clean?”……..Thinking “didn’t I ask you to wash your hands and face?” out loud – “yup, looks good, now go play outside for a while”
“ding” - Banana Bread is done, geez it’s just one thing after another around here!

yummy!.

“Yes I’ll bring the baby outside to have a ride in the wagon.”

Pure happiness :) ok the pure happiness only lasted about three minutes but hey it’s a nice picture. (just keeping it real people) ;)


*sigh* I want a nap
Let’s try one more time to get this damn post done.




Yeaaa… He pushed the off buton on the computer…..sooo…..I’m taking a nap









 



2 comments:

  1. Ha Ha Ha LOL Oh did I LOVE that post! Thanks for persevering Colleen and giving it to us! You not only fulfilled your role as mother but lifted the spirits of others who are also trying to be worthy of living, "Under Mary's Mantle". I love you.

    ReplyDelete